Is it time to replace your DC drive system?
Speed up loadwheel carriage advance and retract motions with patented Poling Group methodology. Eliminate problems inherent with existing DC motor, gearbox, and brake designs by replacing them with an AC servo.The result? A more consistent testing load that improves measurement repeatability, and a much faster cycle time that increases machine throughput.
DC Loadwheel carriage drives have these inherent deficiencies:
- Full speed advance and retract is relatively slow.
- A large velocity command is required to overcome carriage friction and move the carriage from a stopped state.
- The motor brake is a major source of problems because it must resist back drive forces of the loaded tire when engaged and then fully release to allow the carriage to move.
- Making a small jog movement is difficult due to
1) delay encountered when releasing the brake
2) large velocity setpoint required to "start" motion. This is especially noticeable when trying to make a small load change with a Dynamic Calibrator.
- When the load tolerance is small, an unload/reload cycle is often the only option if the load is not achieved on the initial move.
Patent 6578275 | METHOD 2: